Purslane, Sunflower Greens and Fennel Salad
Purslane is a very old herb which hardly anyone has heard of or uses anymore. It is just returning to the culinary map, it seems – good!!
The mild unassuming flavour is great in salads and sandwiches. Here it is paired with another health store favourite, Sunflower Greens. Some sliced fennel is added and a little dairy free Wild Garlic Pesto drizzled over the top.
In the picture the salad is served with some Green Tahini, (fresh tahini with coriander) as a dip and oatcakes.
Prep time: Just washing time
Cook time: Gloriously nil!
- 1 bag of Purslane
- 1 bag of Sunflower Greens
- 1 small Fennel Bulb sliced
- 4 – 5 Tablespoons of Wild Garlic Pesto (any fresh pesto will work)
- Wash all the salad veg and carefully mix together in a large bowl.
- Put a couple of handfuls on a plate and drizzle with the pesto.
- Serve (as shown) with a dip and oat cakes or any cold meats and/or fresh bread.
Black Sunflower Seeds
Fresh Sunflower tray, Sunflower punnet